Sunday, September 11, 2005
Entry 3: September 6th 2005
The first month flew by with remarkable speed. A lot of the initial shock and wonder has worn off. I am still amazed each day by something I have never seen before, but I feel much more comfortable and at home. Moreover, some of the things that would have seemed disgusting or strange on August 1st have now become normal and commonplace and actually quite good. (I am referring to things like rabbit soup, latrines and bugs). There is time to read, listen to music, write and actually be productive. I find all these activities to be superior to watching meaningless Television; though, I am unsure that if I were to return to the States that my love for TV would be fundamentally. I really don’t miss anything on television accept for college and professional Football. It would be nice to keep up on the Cardinals World Series chances, and it was always nice to actually have the news at your fingertips. Other than these things I think life is better without watching the latest episode of “Real World Road Rules Challenge”. It should be made clear that I and most other volunteers crave and speak wistfully about the glorious aspects of western culture. Great food, Movies, Concerts, TV, etc. etc., the list goes on and on. I think the wait will make these things that much better.
P.S. I am going to try to upload pictures later this week. I found out what city I will be living in for the next two years and I am initially optimistic about my chances of staying in closer communication with everyone in th States.
P.S. I am going to try to upload pictures later this week. I found out what city I will be living in for the next two years and I am initially optimistic about my chances of staying in closer communication with everyone in th States.
Comments:
<< Home
Bonjour Bobby,
Je ne parle pas beaucoup de français, mais j'espére tu comprende le peu que je écris. D'accord, je suis fini paradant mon petit connaissance d'école secondaire!
Wow, I remember a lot more than I thought! But since you're studying, you may notice a couple errors in grammer(sorry, it's been a while since I've used my French).
I just got your email, I'm glad to hear you're keeping an open mind about the culture, and moving forward in your experience. I look forward to your future post.
Happy belated birthday!
Post a Comment
Je ne parle pas beaucoup de français, mais j'espére tu comprende le peu que je écris. D'accord, je suis fini paradant mon petit connaissance d'école secondaire!
Wow, I remember a lot more than I thought! But since you're studying, you may notice a couple errors in grammer(sorry, it's been a while since I've used my French).
I just got your email, I'm glad to hear you're keeping an open mind about the culture, and moving forward in your experience. I look forward to your future post.
Happy belated birthday!
<< Home
